FROM IDEA TO REALITY
D.E.V.S. was started by a group of developers in Western Pennsylvania who saw a need for a place where like minded, ethical developers could identify themselves and that potential clients could weed out trustworthy developers from the not-so-great ones.
With over 18 years of experience in the group, we had a desire to use our skills to help people, but were tired of being approached by clients who had one bad experience after another, and thinking we would do the same thing.
Time after time, the stories were the same:
- "Nobody answers when I call or email."
- "It took 6 months to get my address changed on my website."
- "I was charged $50,000 and received next to nothing."
- "My developer did not listen to anything I said and created something I didn't want."
- "My website company claims they own my website, it's content, and my domain name so I can't leave even though I am unhappy."
The list goes on and on. Not only that, but it was very hard for us to have to pick up the pieces after so many people had been so badly burned. Few people trusted us, even though we had done all the leg work to show that developers could be trustworthy, honest, and provide quality work.
So began the journey to create D.E.V.S. We wanted to find a way to vet developers and reward them for showing excellence in ethical development.
D.E.V.S. members not only get the badge to display proudly on their website, but get to participate in our mentor-ship programs, online forums, annual award contests, and share resources in our growing community giving them a place to congregate with and encourage other like minded people.